30 October 2006

Say Cheese!!

This is what I meant when I said "pick your own topic." Good job, Laura.

Oh that this too too milk would curdle,
Harden and form a rhine!
Or that the time would come where I could eat that heavenly cheese
How creamy, soft, delicious, and awful it would be to not import that omnipotent cheese!
The curdled bits are like weeds taking over until it consumes the milk-that it should come to cheese!
But two years have gone by, nay, not so much, not two.
So lucky a day to have that cheese with bread
To include cheese with my dinner
Visit my plate with your presence.-Heaven and earth!
Must I remember not eating that cheese?-Why I would eat all of it
Not leaving any of it left
As if my stomach only wanted it filled with cheese
But the only thing I ate was the bread;-and yet within one day-
Let me not think of it!-It is the cheese I can only think of!-
A few more hours! and I can walk down to the store to buy that cheese
Walking down the path I just went only a day ago,
Oh God, a fromagerist would have waited longer-to have that taste in the mouth,
My will could not, it will not
Like I to Fromag de Clorones-With 24 hours!
And I see the cheese which brings tears,
To my eyes ,
I purchase it. Oh how wonderful it is to eat the cheese
To sit there with a piece of bread and cheese on top!
It is only good that will come with my indulgence of expensive cheese
But in the end I will tell myself next time at the market I will try not to buy that cheese.

Laura Lascoe
Per 6

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura -
I liked your topic a lot. It was very original and I can see why Mr Godburn liked it so much. Some of your meetaphors were very interestering to think about and I enjoyed the variety of cheese-related words: omnipotent cheese, heavenly cheese, fromagerist, Fromag de Clorones, and especially "endulgence of expensive cheese". Great work!
- Shane Z. Period 4

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HaHa! I really like how randome this topic is. It is something that Wallace from Wallace and Gromit would have written. I love thoes guys. Way to go Lauara!

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A curious Swede: what kind of cheese was this? I want some! :D hahahah

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

makes me realizie how amazing cheese is. thank you laura for making me love cheese even more as well as aiding me in acquiring new analysis on it
-masha telishevsky period 6

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THIS HAS TO BE THE BEST ONE I HAVE READ
I LOVE IT
laura lascoe
period 6

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home