30 October 2006

Shoes, shoes, shoes. . .

Drowning her sorrows in footwear, Lacey Thompson. . .

The Broke Obsessive Shoe Shopper of a Modern Hamlet

O, that these too too high
of prices would melt
Retun and form themeselves into a Sale
Or that the store had not fix'd
It's prices 'gainst my wallet
O God! God!
How pretty, nice, well-made, and expensive
Seem to me all the shoes of this store
Fie on't! ah fie! 'tis an unweeded garden,
That grows to seed; Shoes nice and cute in this store
Possess it entirely. That I should buy only one pair
But two weeks broke: nay, not so much, not two:
So excellent a shopper; that was, to this,
Money to a wallet; so loving to my bank
That it might not beteem the winds of buying more
Visit my mind too often. Heaven and earth!
Must I buy only one pair? Why, buy only one
As if increase of appetite had grown
By what it fed on: and yet, within two weeks--
Let me not think on't--Frailty, thy name is work!--
A little break, or ere those heels were old
With which I had shopped in many times Like a shoe model, no cares:--why I, even I--
O, God! a girl, who posses more shoes Would have bought more--and modeled them to
My hated obsession, but no more like my homework obsession
Than I to a cheap shopper: within two weeks:
Ere yet the salt of most unrighteous tears
Had left the flushing in my galled eyes,
I left O, most wicked speed, to post
With such dexterity in hateful prices!
It is not nor it cannot come to good:
But break, my heart; for I must hold my wallet

Lacey Thompson
Per.6

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so loving to my bank, hold my wallet, hahah you & me are going to DSW!!!!!!!!! /Hannah :D YEEEEHAAAA!

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh strikes a familiar chord in my heart for i too am a shoe fetishista wiht a budget:)

-masha period 6

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice lacey
i love your topic
your a funny one
Laura Lascoe
period 6

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home